Deutsch Englisch
COMPANY

Company History

  • The company location is still in the Dübener Straße in Delitzsch, where Albert Böhme and his brother-in-law Karl Hommel started with the production of confectionery in 1894.
  • At first, the products were sold at the market in Delitzsch and at fairs; soon afterwards family-owned chocolate shops were opened.
  • The popularity of the chocolate products spread beyond the boundaries of Delitzsch to Leipzig and Halle and a large company develops from the small beginnings. In 1906, the company of the brothers Böhme is renamed as "Delitzscher Schokoladenfabrik AG" and therefore enjoys the status of a joint stock company, which nonetheless remains firmly in the hands of one family.
  • From the very beginning, the management puts a lot of trust into the qualifications of their staff, who are trained for their jobs within the company. In 1909, the Delitzscher Schokoladenfabrik receives the official authorization from the city of Delitzsch to train apprentices. The tradition of the in-house training and the close and committed relationship with the city and the region of Delitzsch are still one of the foundations of the company today.
  • After the two World Wars and during the time when Germany was divided, the brand name Böhme was kept up in West Germany with a small range of chocolate, pralines, gummy sweets, sweets and brandy filled chocolates, distributed by the company Wissoll. In the years of the GDR, the former Böhme AG was turned into a people's enterprise by the socialistic economy reform. Thanks to a core of hard-working and qualified employees, the knowledge and the skills of chocolate manufacturing were preserved during this time.
  • After the reunification the company becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of the company Wissoll. In the following years, Wissoll turns the Delitzsch location into one of the most modern praline factories. With the support of the city and the district of Delitzsch the revival of the old-established company Böhme/Delitzscher is made possible.
  • Today the chocolate factory in Delitzsch is a subsidiary company of the Halloren Schokoladenfabrik AG. With the re-launch of the brand Delitzscher, which still has a good reputation in the surrounding areas, the company goes back to its local roots. To further develop the brand, we are currently working intently on a comprehensive marketing concept.
  • Furthermore, the constantly growing Private Label line of business is of great importance to the Delitzscher Schokoladenfabrik GmbH. As a medium-sized company, we are proud of the high turnover in our export activities to East and West Europe, North America and Asia. We are established as an innovative and creative partner for trade and industry.